"To hell with them. Nothing hurts if you don’t let it."
- Ernest Hemingway (via elliptical)
"That’s what I do: I make coffee and occasionally succumb to suicidal nihilism. But you shouldn’t worry — poetry is still first. Cigarettes and alcohol follow."
- Anne Sexton, Self-Portrait In Letters (via larmoyante)
The moon did not become the sun.
It just fell on the desert
in great sheets, reams
of silver handmade by you.
The night is your cottage industry now,
the day is your brisk emporium.
The world is full of paper.
Write to me.
- Agha Shahid Ali, from Stationery (via violentwavesofemotion)
A truth should exist,
it should not be used
like this. If I love you
is that a fact or a weapon?
- Margaret Atwood (via cartographe)
"I really don’t love you. You were just a project. I had to teach you how to love. So you didn’t go and fuck up some other girl. I had to teach you how to do it right. I did it with the one before you, too. I taught her how to love and now she loves some other girl. And that is what I am. I’m a practice dummy. I’m a test run. I’m a fucking poet."
- Donna-Marie Riley (via ofmidnightandvelvet)
"When you’re backed against the wall, break the god damn thing down."
- Harvey Specter (via ichbindeinesylvia)